Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hair of the week - Coil Out

You guys have seen coil outs on me before and this is just another version where I created a side part.  I had a family reunion this weekend and needed a style that was carefree and would last thoughout the weekend without a lot of additional maintenance and this style didn't disappoint.  Even after being in 100% humidity under a picnic shelter while it poured rain, I did get puffy in the roots, but the coils maintained their hold.  I used Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding for this style.  This is day 4 of the style so I may end up altering it by my wash day.




What I do like about this time is that I am starting to get the hang of creating more curls from my original coils.  It only took me an hour and a half (which is good for me!) to coil my hair and about 30 minutes to do the coil out.  I'm refreshing each day by rubbing a 1/2 a dime size amount of Oyin Handmade's Burnt Sugar Pomade on my hands and fluffing with my fingers.

If you need some tips on creating finger coils or a coil out style, check out this well done video by SimplYounique below.  My hair isn't as long as hers (she's about 2 years natural) and my curl pattern is tighter so I got a different look.  It just goes to show that you don't have to be at the same place in an individual's journey to create their style and make it yours!








2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...