Tuesday, August 2, 2011

No Longer A TWA - New Detangling Technique

I officially no longer have a TWA.  So what does this mean?  Well, it means a lot of things.  One of the first things it means is that I can no longer just slap conditioner on my hair and run a wide tooth comb through it.  I now have graduated to detangling my hair in sections.  My hair regimen just got longer. Sigh.  (LOL)

Once I have finished shampooing my hair, then add about a silver dollar sized amount of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration to my palm and apply to my hair.  I like this detangling conditioner because it is inexpensive and it has great slip.  Once I've smoothed the conditioner through my hair, I then part it into 4 sections.


Instead of using a wide toothed comb first, I use my fingers to detangle my hair and remove any shed hairs.  One reason why I use this method is that traditionally (even when relaxed) I was very rough with combing my hair.  After Taji saw a little area where there was some breakage during my last salon appointment, I wanted to take the time to ensure that I was being more gentle with my strands!  I still detangle with a wide tooth comb, but only after I finger detangle.  By using my fingers to detangle first, I can "feel" any knots and gently separate tangles without snapping them off as a comb would do. By the time I run the wide toothed comb through, there really aren't any tangles to separate!




Finger detangling the 1st section
Fingers coming through the other side
After finger detangling the first section, this is the amount of hair that has come out on my fingers.





 Why technique do you use to detangle your hair?  Do you finger detangle? 



2 comments:

  1. Here lately I have been using a wide tooth comb with conditioner in the shower. Occasionally I will pull out my tangle teezer. I've been kind of nervous about using it after reading blogs about breakage. To be honest, I really can't tell the difference between the two methods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, easy detangling is the joy of having shorter hair. ENJOY IT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...