Monday, August 29, 2011

Step by Step Braidout Tutorial






This past Tuesday, I had the opportunity to attend Jill Scott's Summer Block Party featuring Anthony Hamilton, Mint Condition, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Dougie Fresh.  I'm a huge Jill Scott & Anthony Hamilton fan and this concert did not disappoint.  I would have liked to have seen a little more of Mint Condition, but what I saw was good!  Anthony tore the house down and took us to church!  Jill put on a great show as well.  This woman's vocals are sick! I loved the format of the concert with the old school hip hop music between sets.  They took us waaay back!  Grown folks music ya'll!

I wanted to wear BIG hair for the concert so I decided to do a braidout.  I knew we would be sitting outside in the evening so I decided to compare two products to see which would hold up to the humidity of the evening dew best.  I used Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding on 3 sections and my shea butter mixture & Curls Goddess Curls Gel on 2.  Though my hair was pretty much undefined when I got home (LOL), I would say that the shea butter & Curls Goddess Curls Gel held up better for the braid out.  Check out the slide show below to see how I achieved the look above.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Slideshow created with Smilebox


Here are some additional photos of a braid out I did Labor Day Weekend.  I only used the shea butter & Curls Goddess Curls on this style & I rubbed a little Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade on it to keep the frizz causing humidity away.  I loved the results!!









 Here are pictures of my first braidout from February of this year.  Just 6 months later, look at the growth! I remember being so frustrated at how I couldn't get definition all over.  It just goes to show that patience and care with you hair pays off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...