Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Natural Hair & the Return to Hair Grease - My Royal Crown Twistout Results



As  I mentioned in a few post ago, I have been anxious to try Royal Crown on my two strand twist out after seeing Jcokes7 do a series on using "hair grease" on natural hair to achieve great twist out results.

Let me just say!  Wow!  As you can see from the picture above, my twists were stretched, very well defined, moisturized, and shiny.  They were bouncy, had movement, and ZERO frizz.  I was loving this.  At night, I just  re-twisted the hair and it was easy breezy.

When I did my twists, I did them on damp hair and then added dime sized (if that) amount of the Royal Crown.  The product smoothed on easily and twisted very nicely.

Below are some other pictures as well as day 2 results.

Day 1

I was even able to separate my hair for additional fullness with no frizz!

I'm amazed at my length!

Day 2 Results

These pictures were taken after being outside all morning.



Look at that definition!!

I didn't add any more Royal Crown to my hair just water (if needed) to retwist my hair.  I LOVED this product to set my twists and will definately be using it again!


Have you used Royal Crown or any other type of hair grease on your hair? How were your results?

I will be doing a few other product reviews (a bit of product junkyism has hit me) in search of the perfect products for achieving my twist outs, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't used hair grease yet. I just started back using my shea butter, coconut oil and EVOO mixture. I've thought about using hair grease, but I'm still on the fence.

    Nita- that shine! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I haven't found any product that adds that kind of sheen (shine) to my hair! How is the mixture you're using working on your hair? What kind of styles are you rocking now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's is one of the things I miss about my permed hair. I could spray some oil sheen on that bad boy and be set. I read that ACV rinses give you some shine/sheen. I tried one of those and FAIL! My hair was hard and crunchy. I've been doing alot of DCs and co-washes trying to get it to feel like hair again.

    My Shea Butter mix, I like. I don't have glossy shine, but I do see flickers here and there when the lighting is right. I've mostly been wearing braid outs, I like the definition better compared to twist-outs. I tried wearing a beanie/beret one day with released twists for bangs. It was okay, I didn't get any strange looks.

    Have you tried TightlyCurly's conditioner method? I might try that this week-end. Sorry for the long comment. It's more like an email. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that Original Moxie's Hair Bling is excellent for creating sheen on the hair with soft hold. They have samples for $3 on their website. I've seen the Tightly Curly method but I'm trying to stay away from wash & go styles to minimize single strand knots. Keeping my hair in stretched styles like 2 strand twist outs helps with that. Not that I won't do it ever just not frequently.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...