Monday, November 21, 2011

Recognizable Naturals - Marsha Ambrosius


Marsha Ambrosious.  I was first introduced to the musical genius of this young woman as one half of the R&B group Floetry.  She was the "Songstress."  And she still is.   There are many rumors and discussions about why Floetry ended after 3 albums, but it's best to say they couldn't see eye to eye on the future of the duo and decided to split.  I will always be fan of their music and I have all 3 albums, "Getting Late" , "Say Yes", "If I Was a Bird", "Lay Down" wait...I have too many favorites off of their albums to start naming.

Marsha launched her solo career in 2010 with the release of "I Hope She Cheats on You" after the break up of the duo.  She returned to the music scene with her gorgeous signature voice, her natural hair grown longer & fuller, and her voluptuous figure, sculpted & slimmed.  Her album, Late Nights & Early Mornings, released in 2011 is a mixture of love songs and social messages.  GOOD music. One of my favorites off of this album is "Lose Myself."

I love how Marsha exhibits the versatility of natural hair in the various styles that she chooses to wear.  From an afro puff to twist out to flexirod set, it's gorgeous!






As a tribute to one of my favorites from Floetry...check out "Getting Late".  And it is...let me go to bed.  LOL!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...