Sunday, June 12, 2011

Curly Frohawk w/ Bantu Knots - Taji Natural Hair Styling Hair Show

Hair by Taji Shabu, Earrings by Sarenzo Beads


My stylist Taji, graciously asked me to be one of her models in the hair show that was featured at the NC Natural Hair Care Expo in Raleigh this weekend.  In preparation for my hair style, she shampooed & conditioned my hair and then lightly blew it out for a trim.  It's been 6 months since my big chop and I knew I had some split ends.  She also found a few single strand knots that she clipped.  Overall, she said my hair was in good shape.  I had 1 small section that was broken off so I need to be mindful of that area. 

She did small bantu on the sides and did comb coils down the middle creating a frohawk.  On the day of the hair show she untwisted the coils creating a curly look.  See the pictures from the style and the hairshow below.  (Special shout outs go to my friends, Armelia Brown & Lateshia Leathers for coming to support me in the hair show& take pictures while I was modeling.)


 
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free photo slideshow made with Smilebox

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nita! The expo was great. I was so glad to meet you. I'm sorry I missed you, I really wanted to take a pic with you. Maybe another time. You and all the ladies did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...