Sunday, April 17, 2011

Recognizable Naturals - Ledisi


On Thursday night, I had the pleasure of attending a concert to see two of my favorite R&B artists:  Kem and Ledisi.  The concert was a part of Kem's "Intimacy Tour" and Ledisi is opening for him.  If you haven't attended, it's definately worth the money.  They both are awesome performers who sing good, quality music.  After seeing Ledisi perform, it only seemed fitting that she would be this week's recognizable natural.  I first heard Ledisi on the radio as one of Michael Baisden's "B Side" features.  The song was "Alright" off of her Lost & Found album.  I instantly loved her voice and that her songs had meaning.  I also had as favorites from this album "In the Morning" & "Think of You".

Her second album on Verve records was Turn Me Loose.  I have several favorites on that album as well including "Going Thru Changes" and "Higher Than This" which has a spiritual twist to it.

In addition to her strong, jazz & R&B tinged voice, she is known for her beautiful locs.  Earlier in her career, she wore her locs down but since her most recent album, her locs have been dyed red and are often rocked in creative updos.  Simply beautiful!!





Check out the video for "Higher than This" below.


Here was my day 3 twist out and outfit that I wore to the concert.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...