Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Product Review - Curls "Creamy Curl Cleanser"


During the 4 months since my big chop, I have used this cleanser and I wanted to provide a product review.  This 8 oz container can be purchased at Target for $9.99.  Shampooing my hair weekly, it took me 2.5 months to use the first container.  As you will find with all Curls products the cleanser has a delicious smell.  Almost like a vanilla cake batter, yumm.  (But don't eat it!)  The consistency is creamy of course, but not watery.  Since it does not have sulfates in it, it doesn't lather but it does cleanse my hair thoroughly without it feeling stripped. (For a picture of my hair right after cleansing with no other product on it see my Product Review & Hair Revelation post.)  I can tell my hair is clean because I don't detect any feeling of  residue or gels on my hair after cleansing.

Curls also has a salon line that can be purchased online, in a salon or select beauty supply stores.  The cleanser under this line is called "Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream".  It sells for $15 (plus shipping and handling) for 8 oz.  There are slight ingredient differences but not enough for me to opt for the higher priced version when the line designed for Target does an excellent job.

You guys know my goal is to not become a product junkie during my natural hair journey.  Do any of you have a weekly cleanser that you love that you would like to share?  Leave a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. Sigh. I'm trying not to be a junkie either, but I do like this line of products. I'm using the Curls pomade and the curling gel. I love them both. I'm now curious about the cleanser. At the moment, my friend Evelyn and I are using Kinky curly come clean shampoo. It's pretty great. Here's her review:

    http://salonnaturelles.blogspot.com/2011/03/product-review-kinky-curly-come-clean.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your review Charish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the Curls Cleansing Cream from Target recently because I know that cocamidopropyl betaine removes mineral oil, which I use. So I am already seeing great results because my long 3a/b hair was very unoily and now it is so oily that even when dry I just easily slide snarls apart with my hands. I would not use this exclusively though because my hair is very prone to build up which is why I avoid conditioners and other hair products and stick to oils that remove easily...which not well known but mineral oil washes out very easily. I prefer rotating cleansers then eventually using a sulfate shampoo to avoid build up from shampoos and stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...