Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Finally! A Wash & Go I Love!









Those of you who have been following my blog know that I have not been crazy about wearing my hair in the wash & go style with Ecostyler Gel because I don't like the crunchy feel of my hair after it dries.  I'd pretty much given up on doing a wash and go.  Well, I was watching a Youtube video this weekend (surprise, surprise) and saw one of the ladies that I follow talk about using Smooth & Shine Curl Activator Gel on her twists.  (Note:  This is the "new" formula, many of the reviews on Youtube are about the "old" formula with the blue label.  I wasn't natural when the "old" formula was out so I don't have a comparison.  All I can speak to is the "new" formula.) 

After I finished my shampooing routine, I added my the curl activator gel, detangled with my detangling comb and then used my denman brush to spread the product through my hair.  What I noticed was that my curls popped in very beautifully!  After I finished the whole head, I let my hair air dry for about 2 hours. It was still a little damp and I was getting ready to go to bed so I sat under the hooded dryer for about 15 mins and then went to bed. 

Imagine my surprise when I woke up in the morning and found that my hair was not crunchy, or stiff, in FACT it was soft, and moist!  Not wet, but moisturized!  It has been like that for 2 days! I love the curl definition and the moisture retention using the curl activator gel.

I will continue to use this product and I might try out other curl activator gels after this one runs out.  The only draw back to this product is that it does leave my hair a little sticky the first day of application, but I'm willing to deal with that for the amount of moisture that it adds to the hair.  Two thumbs up!!

Product ingredients:  Water, glycerin, propylene glycol, aloe barbadenis leaf extract, pathenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein,, hydrolyzed wheat starch, carbomer, Oleth-2-, aminomethyl propanol, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, dmdm hydantoin, disodium edta, benzophenon-4, parfum, violet 2.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...