Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Natural Hair: Curly Updo & Tall Glam Fashion Look


Yay!  I finally figured out how to use Photogrid!  #learningnewthings  #celebratesmallvictories

LOL!  Ok, earlier this month my church had a Valentine's Event that I attended.  I was most excited about the fact that with my godmother's help I was able to put this entire outfit together with items I already had in my closet.  #WIN!

My Hair

An updo created from a 5 day twist out using Entwine Couture's Creme Jelly Styler.  I specifically used this styler knowing that I was going to create this twist out later in the week.  I used Ms.VaughnTV's convertible updo tutorial as inspiration for this style. 

On the 5th day, I sectioned off the back and sculpted it into a textured french roll.



 Then I sectioned off the front, moisturized with water & oil, & set on flexirods for the day.  After it was dry, I took out the flexirods, separated the twists, and pinned & styled my curls into this cute style.



 OOTN - Outfit of the Night

 Dress - Ralph Lauren
Shoes - Paris Hilton
Accessories - Old

I really appreciate my godmother for suggesting that I pair this eggplant dress with red accessories.  It was a different look but looked great together!  Side note:  I love being tall.  I stand a full 6'1 tall flat but I wore 4 inch heels that night.  People always ask me why I wear heels when I'm already tall.  See how the heels make my legs look?  Yep, that's why! Plus, these shoes just make this outfit look hott!  #tallglam


 So what do you think of my look?  What is your go to style for a fancy evening out?



NaturallyNita is a women's lifestyle blog.  After chronicling her natural hair journey 2.5 years ago, Nita realized that there were many other life journey's where she could share her lesson's learned with others.  This blog focuses not only on natural hair but also health/fitness, business, finances, spiritual & personal growth. www.naturallynita.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...