Monday, December 3, 2012

I'm BACK!!!! Bantu Knot Out










I know, I know.  It's been a LONG time & I do apologize. But during my blogging hiatus I was taking pictures.....LOTS of pictures...and I plan to share them with you!  Back in May, I attempted to do a bantu knot out  and here are the pictures of my process.  I did this style on 80% dry hair.  I don't recall which products I used because I neglected to photograph them (note to self - always do that).


I did not 2 strand twist these, just wound the hair tightly around itself until it started to curl on itself

A finished knot

I tried to use fairly large sections

Unraveled knots
After separating curls

Back shot

Side shot


My thoughts on the look:  I really wasn't a fan.  I've learned not to expect my curls or results to look like everyone elses' but I really  didn't care for this look on my hair. Plus, all that twisting gave me a cramp in my hand when I was setting the knots (oww!)  I may try this style again later at some point in my journey but for I won't but it on my top 3 love styles for me.

What do you think?  How has bantu knots worked on your hair texture?  Any tips that you would like to share with me?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...