Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Leave In Conditioner Review

As I'm going along sharing the prodcuts that I currently use in my regimen I thought I would also share what leave in conditioner I use.

I started out using Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner.  I particularly like this conditioner because my hair absorbs it and it leaves my hair soft and is easy to detangle directly before styling.  This conditioner can be found at Vitamin Shoppe and some Target stores for approx. $8.

After hearing about Kimmaytube's recipie for leave in conditioner and its great results I decided to give it a try.  (Note:  Please search kimmaytube leave in conditioner recipie on Youtube to see her step by step directions.)  I have been using the leave in conditioner recipie for 3 months now and love how it makes my hair feel.  Some report that they are able to style their hair just with the leave in conditioner.  My texture won't allow for that but I have noticed that my ends are smoother when my leave in conditioner is applied under styling products for twists & other styles. My hair stays moistured and soft during the week.

Kimmaytube goes step by step in her recipie using a digital scale to measure her ingredients, but I used the teaspoon measurements to keep from having to buy a scale.  Here is the recipie that I use:

2 tablespoons of your favorite leave in conditioner (I use Giovanni Direct Leave In, she uses Kinky Curly Knot Today)
2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera Juice
2 teaspoons of Castor Oil
2 teaspoons of Jojoba Oil

Ingredients before mixing


Ingredients after mixing thoroughly



I can get approximately 2 months use out of 1 batch since my hair is still relatively short.  I keep it refrigerated due to the aloe vera juice which needs to be kept cool. All in all 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...