Friday, February 18, 2011

My Finger Coils



As I alluded to in my previous post, I got bored with the wash and go after day 3 and wanted something different.  I was on Youtube checking out natural hair videos and got inspired (around 11:30 pm no less) to try out finger coils.  Around 12:30 am when I was still coiling my hair I wanted to kick myself!!! 

Here is how I achieved the look.  I used my spray bottle and saturated my hair in sections with water.  Then I applied coconut oil and detangled with my detangling comb.  I then took small sections of hair and twisted around my fingers with Olive Oil Eco Styler gel.  While my hair is definately set, I found that this combo kept my hair from being extremely hard.

I finished around 1:15 am and sat under the dryer for about 20 minutes just to dry the last section of hair.  It took me so long to coil my hair, that the rest of my head had already dried.  The first 2 pictures below were taken around 1:45 am, thus no face shots, I couldn't even fake an awake face at that time of the morning!

I love the results and am going to leave this style in for the weekend, possibly uncoiling on Sunday.

I tied my hair down with my satin scarf and in the morning, slightly lifted with my pick being sure not to (pull it all the way through)  to unflatten my coils.  Tomorrow morning I'll spray with one of Oyin Handmades Juices and apply coconut oil to remoisturize and lift again.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow made with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...