Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Clogged Drains? Zip It!





If you are a naturalista then you have experienced your fair share of clogged bathroom drains.  The shampooing and detangling sessions that we frequently do to prepare our hair for styling renders many a hair strand going down the drain.  After a while, your tub or sink will drain slower & slower.  It's a clog!  What many of us do is run down to the nearest hardware store and grab Liquid Plumber or Draino or an industrial strength, liquid, toxic drain opener.

Recently, I had this clogged drain experience and I remembered this video on Youtube that I'd seen on an alternative.  Now, this isn't for the faint of heart.  If you're easily grossed out, then this might not be the method for you.  But when I saw the price was less than $3.00, no toxic fumes, and I live alone so all the hair I would retrieve would be my own...I got over it.  LOL!  You can purchase these at Lowe's & Home Depot.


It's 3 simple steps:

1.  Push the Zip It Tool all the way into the drain to the handle, pull slowly but firmly to remove clog, discard both tool & hair.



























I did this in November & have had clear running drains ever since!

Have you ever tried this tool?  If you have, come back & tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I use this tool too, Nita. I actually used to unclog drains using zip ties, but sometimes, they're not long enough to reach the clog. After fishing out what I can, I pour heated distilled vinegar down the drain followed by boiling water. It's a good alternative for your readers who, as you mentioned, are easily grossed out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...