Thursday, February 2, 2012

Culinary Delights: Healthy Fruit Topped Salad






We all made that New Year's resolution to eat better right?  Well to help us all stay on track, I will periodically provide a healthy choice option to eat for inspiration.  I personally feel like I can create a better tasting salad than any restaurant.   I'm generous with my toppings and when you finish eating one of my creations, you're assured that you just had a meal and are not hungry afterwards.

This was a salad I made recently for dinner.


Ingredients:

Organic Mixed Greens
Fresh strawberries
Yellow Raisins
Fresh Broccoli Florets
Craisins Dehydrated Cranberries
2 Hard boiled eggs (sliced)
2 tbls of Walnut Rasberry Vinegrette (measured) - remember it's dressing not gravy!


Benefits:
Strawberries - rich in antioxidents, improved blood sugar regulation, anti-inflammatory
Raisins - rich in antioxidents, has boron which is good for bone health
Broccoli - Rich in vitamins A &K,detoxifying
Cranberries - rich in antioxidents, high in vitamin C

This salad is very flavorful and delicious.  With the naturally sweet fruit toppings, it eliminates the need for me to want dessert afterwards.  Yummy!

Let's help each other.  What is your favorite healthy snack or meal?  Leave a comment below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...