Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday Inspiration - Smile, You'll Feel Better





Have you ever been told by your mom to "Fix your face!"  when you were crying or scowling after being reprimanded or told no?  Well, Mama mighta been on to something! There is scientific evidence that suggests that smiling helps to produce corresponding the corresponding emotion of happiness.  Similarly, frowning also creates the corresponding emotion of displeasure or sadness.  Thought it was the other way around?  Not necessarily so. Check out this article from the Scientific American for more information.

So many times we knowingly or unknowing react to situations that we deem not ideal by frowning.  This continues that emotion or feeling.  Ever had a day where you just couldn't seem to shake that sad feeling off? Well, one of the things I do when I'm having a sad day is to turn on some upbeat music, or a comedy or go hang around people who will make me laugh.  These always improve my mood.

Am I recommending that when you're upset or sad that you walk around with a silly grin on your face?  No....well, maybe I am.  What I am saying is find something that will make you smile and do that thing instead of dwelling in your state of melancholy.  Having some trouble finding something?  I got your back.  Check out this video of Kirk Franklin's music video, "Smile".   It's a parody of Eddie Murphy's classic movie "Coming to America".  (One of my favorite movies for making me laugh & I can pretty much quote every scene!)

Have an awesome Sunday everyone!  Keep Smiling!




1 comment:

  1. Lol. I was just going to do a post on how this guy in the elevator made me smile. I haven't seen that Kirk Franklin video in soo long! I forgot how funny it is. Yes, my mom always says 'fix ya face'

    http://simplementtresbeau.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...