Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Coil Out Revisted

I got inspired this week to give an old style another try after seeing a Youtube video.  It took me a while to finish the style but I was quite pleased with the results and I was able to get two hairstyles out of it before my wash day.  I used Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding to  finger coil my hair.  All you do is take a section of hair and literally twirl it around your finger until you get a spiral curl.  Because I had an issue with my roots puffing up the last time, I took special care to twirl close to my roots and then coil all the way down the section.  This is how it looked after I finished coiling.



I then took each large coil and separated it into smaller coils by pulling the coil out, unraveling & lightly twirling the smaller section of hair to reestablish the coil. I made sure my fingers were coated with coconut oil so as not to cause frizz.  The finished look is below.




As the week ended my hair was getting more & more poofy.  I separated the coils a little more in the front and the back & I pulled the hair back on the sides to create this look.




Here is a comparision shot of my first ever coil out.

Finger coils  02.17.2011

Coil out  02.19.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...