Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Variety in Styling - A Week's Worth of Looks

I like variety in my life, that shows up in many ways, from the foods I like to cook to the social activities that I choose to participate in and the way I wear my hair.  I've gotten quite comfortable lately wearing my twistouts.  They are definitely my go to style and most reliable as far as results. However, sometimes it hits me to just change it up some so this particular week I did.

If you follow my blog you know I recently was asked to be the guest blogger for Nyenzo's Natural Hair and Body Affair in celebration of INHMD.  Check out that recap here.  What you may not know is that the night before, I'd just returned from a week long vacation in St. Maartin.  Very litte was done to my hair while I was on vacation.  I mean, its a vacation right?  All I did each day was moisten my hair, apply a little bit of Shea Moistures Deep Restorative Conditioner for moisture, smooth it back and apply my puff wiglet (review coming soon on this hairpiece).  Easy breezy!

My flight landed at 8:30 pm on Friday night and the event started at 1 pm on Saturday.  I knew that I needed to do some prep to my hair before I left.  So Thursday night, I shampooed my hair, deep conditioned and applied my leave-in & sealed the moisture by setting my twists with shea butter.  I realized that air plane travel can be drying to the hair due to the recycled air so I wanted to retain as much moisture as possible.  My travel look was like this.


See that tan?  

Friday night, I added my product (Entwine Couture's Creme Jelly Styler) & set my hair by creating medium sized 2 strand twists and setting on orange perm rods.  The next morning, I took out the rods, separated the curls & got this.  The look was "ok".  It was a bit more piecy than I was looking for but I attributed that to the heavy shea butter under this styler.  I made it work though!

Click here for the results...









That night I two strand twisted my hair again & set on perm rods for this 2nd day look, which I liked much better.
Day 4 of this style went to a traditional twist out. Just to note, no additional product has been applied.

Day 7 My hair had been stretched and the twist out was huge!  But for some reason I wasn't feeling it that day so I turned into a beautifully defined puff.  I love this!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...