Monday, January 28, 2013

Recognizable Natural: Teyona Parris





Teyona Parris took the 2013 SAG awards by storm in her one shouldered, Monique Lhuillier gown last night, but it was her gorgeous natural hair soft up do that had the natural hair lovers commenting on all forms of social media Monday morning.  Teyona is best known for her role as Dawn,  Don Drapers' secretary on the Emmy award winning Mad Men.  Her face may be strike you familar though as she has been seen in numerous commercials including this one from last year, when McDonald's was promoting their 20 piece McNugget menu item.



Check out these gorgeous shots of her at this year's SAG awards.  I would love to have this soft updo recreated on my hair for a formal event.  Her hair was styled by celebrity stylist, Felicia Leatherwood.

Felicia provided details on how this style was created and was featured on Essence Online today.

exerpt from their interview:

  • I washed the hair with Dr. Miracles Conditioning Shampoo ($6, Dr. Miracles)
  • Before blow drying the hair, I used Lawrence-Ray Concepts Leave-In Conditioner ($18.90) & Hair Polish Serum ($22.80, Lawrence-Ray Concepts) as my heat protectant.
  • After blowing the hair out, the next step was to section the hair to start the fold and tuck. I separated the hair into four sections.
  • For the first section at the nape of the neck, I ponytailed and folded under and tucked it with a closed hair pin, then I proceeded to the next section, moving up the back of the head and repeated the same.
  • When we got closer to the sides, I used Hick's Total Transformation Edges ($15, Amazon) to smooth down edges and continued folding and tucking each section.
  • The front/top of the hair was divided into three parts and folded with Entwine Exotique Butter Creme Hydrator ($29, Ave You).
  • I used my figures to roll the hair and get it smooth.
  • Lastly, I finished the look with Lawrence-Ray Concepts Seal-It Firm Holding Spray ($15.60, Lawrence-Ray Concepts) & Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Mist ($7.50, drugstore.com) for shine.


This hair is EVERYTHING!


At a SAG Pre-event Party - I would totally rock this dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...